The Catholic Women Leauge

The objects of the League shall be to unite Catholic women of Canada: 1. to achieve individual and collective spiritual development 2. to promote the teachings of the Catholic church 3. to exemplify the Christian ideal in home and family life 4. to protect the sanctity of life 5. to enhance the role of women in church and society 6. to recognize the human dignity of all people everywhere 7. to uphold and defend Christian education and values in the modern world 8. to contribute to the understanding and growth of religious freedom, social justice, peace and harmony. The Sacred Heart Council of the Catholic Women’s League was organized in Sacred Heart Parish on January 27, 1953 and received its charter on February 24, 1953.

ornament1

The Living Rosary Association

The Living Rosary was founded by Venerable Pauline Jaricot in France in 1826. Its purpose is to assist Catholic missionary priests, nuns & religious to spread the Gospel and Marian devotions worldwide and also pray daily rosary for the intentions of the whole Catholic Church. The Living Rosary in Sacred Heart Church was established in October 1996.

ornament1

Altar Servers

Altar servers at Sacred Heart Church are entrusted with the duties of preparing the altar for the Eucharist; of assisting other ministers and helping our parish celebrate the mysteries of our faith in a spirit of reverence and prayer.

ornament1

Christian Mothers Society

Christian Mothers Society took its origin from the women of the Brotherhood of the Rosary , which was established in 1899 by Fr . Rogalski , at the Church of Our Lady of the Rosary in Kitchener. Brotherhood was abolished 15 years. In 1913. Fr. Sobczak reorganized the Brotherhood at the Society of Christian Mothers and joined them to Archconfraternity Christian Mothers in North America.

ornament1

Society of St. Joseph and St. John Cantius

The organization of St. Joseph was founded in 1886 . It was founded by Polish Catholics from Kitchener and surrounding areas in 1913. Next created a mutual aid organization of St. John Kanty . The combination of these two organizations took place in 1949 under the name of The Society of St. Joseph and St. John Kanty.

ornament1

The Society of St. Vincent de Paul

Members of the Society of St.Vincent de Paul (or „Vincentians” ) are men and women who strive to grow spiritually by offering person-to-person service to individuals in need. We are young and old. Our members come in every shade of skin color. Some of us are wealthy, some are financially poor, but all of us are blessed with an awareness that our blessings (time, talent or treasure) are to be shared with our brothers and sisters in need.

ornament1

Parish choir st. Cecile

The parish choir at Sacred Heart assists at Sunday Liturgy.

ornament1

Band Arka

This choir is composed of members from different walks of life: adults, high school students, university students, and even those who are married and are raising their own future members. In addition to leading the musical aspects of the liturgy, the youth choir’s mission is to praise God with a contemporary sound – utilizing modern instruments such as the acoustic guitar and electric piano.

ornament1

Bingo

Sacred Heart Bingo Committee works to raise funds for the activities of the parish. Bingo games are held every second Monday evening from 18:45 hours. Bingo Hall is located on the street 501 Krug St. in Kitchener. Bingo Committee currently collects a large sum annually, which helps in paying Cathedraticum, as well as other expenses of the parish.

ornament1

The Parish Council

The aims of the council are to promote, coordinate and encourage apostolic activity in the parish, to provide leadership and direction in its spiritual growth and to assist the Pastor in coordination all parish activities.

ornament1

The Nicolas Rey Library

The Nicholas Rey Library, one of the oldest Polish libraries in Canada, was founded in 1908 by Fr. Paul Sobczak CR. In addition to Polish literature, the library houses the archives of the local Polish community, as well as books on Polish topics, written in English. The library is located at the Rectory building. The resources are available to parishioners and the public following Sunday polish Masses.

ornament1